Our research indicates that most companies are not necessarily getting concessions from suppliers based on their negotiating process and their employees’ skills – but from perceived market strength and the use of situational power.
Imagine the cost savings, bottom-line profit, and improved value delivery your company can achieve from suppliers by investing in upgrading your people’s negotiating skills.
If you are a senior supply chain, procurement, or operations executive with decision-making authority who wants to ensure that members of your supply chain, procurement, operations, and manufacturing teams optimize their outcomes and negotiate the most competitive pricing or added value from suppliers, then your organization needs to invest in our practical, real-world negotiating skills training.
Your suppliers are often better trained in negotiations than their procurement and supply chain counterparts. Our tailored in-house half- and one-day seminars and two-day learning workshops can help members of your organization negotiate legitimate, value-based Win-Win outcomes with all suppliers – from commodity raw material suppliers to specialized equipment manufacturers.
We will improve your organization’s negotiating skills and provide your company with our proven, easy-to-implement tools and templates that are guaranteed to lower costs and enhance supplier value delivery.
In today’s hectic, just-in-time, competitive environment, procurement and cross-functional personnel may not have a choice of whether or not they negotiate in person, by telephone, e-mail, or virtual Zoom calls – everyone needs to have good negotiating skills.
As competitive demands on business continue to increase, the expectations of executives, managers, and employees are significant. Therefore, carefully consider your answers to the following questions:
- Do your supply chain, procurement, operations, and manufacturing team members properly prepare and plan for negotiations with all suppliers and contractors?
- Are your procurement team members so busy sourcing raw materials, equipment, and supplies that they don’t have time to negotiate with suppliers effectively?
- Are they equipped with the proper negotiating gambits, corresponding countergambits, scripts, phrases, questions, questioning techniques, and tools to counter manoeuvres used by increasingly sophisticated salespeople and sales managers?
- Do they understand the significant risks of saying “No”? Does using an aggressive and confrontational negotiating style and behaviour create problems and impact potential results?
- Do they know if they might undermine supplier relationships for short-term, quick gains at the expense of long-term, measurable value?
- Are you sure your company’s RFP/RFI/RFQ and bid/tender process and practices are getting you the best overall value from your suppliers? Are you sure?
- Are your vendor sourcing, selection, and negotiating process unnecessarily complicated?
- Does your organization utilize a proven, easy-to-use negotiating process, methodology, strategies, and tactics with key suppliers?
- Are your company’s procurement team members negotiating effectively, professionally, and fairly with suppliers?
- Do they understand the definition of Win-Win negotiating and how to achieve an actual Win-Win outcome?
- Are their strategies and behaviours different for the different types of negotiations, vendors, and product lines?
- Does your company use a proven request for proposal/pricing process and format and easy-to-use turnkey tools?